Thesis AR: Object recognition through artificial intelligence on AR glasses – Cooperation with KIT
Augmented reality is no longer a dream of the future, but has long since arrived on our smartphones. Augmented reality glasses represent the next step in immersive living – global players such as Apple and Microsoft have been working on them for a long time.
What possibilities do such AR glasses offer for interacting with and augmenting the environment? How can end users customize the content to their needs? These are the questions you will explore and answer in the project „Object Recognition by Artificial Intelligence on AR Glasses“.
This thesis is offered in cooperation with Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and Dr. Peyman Toreini.
- For your bachelor’s or master’s thesis, you will work your way into the technologies surrounding augmented reality.
- You will design an AR application for the Microsoft Hololens 2 that uses artificial intelligence to recognize and interact with objects.
- You will design and/or develop a user-friendly and intuitive interaction system. The basis for this is provided by the eye tracking and speech recognition of the Hololens 2.
- You will evaluate the solution with potential users at CAS using established scientific methods.
- If you like, we will support you to publish your results at a conference and/or in a suitable outlet.
- You are studying at KIT (Bachelor or Master) in a relevant field of study (e.g. industrial engineering, business informatics or computer science).
- You have basic knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, preferably in object recognition.
- You are curious and love to build creative solutions.
- You want to develop and explore technologies of the future.
Benefits of your thesis at CAS
- An ideal environment for you and your thesis: With us you can spend 100% of your worktime on your thesis where you combine state-of-the-art research with real industry use-cases.
- Professional supervision of your thesis in the CAS Future Labs in Karlsruhe: Every year we accompany many students to their successful graduation – you too can benefit from our experience.
- Get to know the CAS culture (offline and online): by working with business coaches and taking part in many other interactive formats. You will experience our unique WeSpirit and make connections across multiple units.