Thesis (EN): Data Science with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
The product configurator CAS Merlin has an optional feature that allows the recording of user click sequences. This data can be useful in many ways. One example is to train a model which can predict the next user click after a given sequence of clicks. This would allow the configurator to compute the answer to the next user wish even before user made his decision and then deliver it instantly after the user click. Another ways to use the click data include process mining, automatic test generation, performance analysis and many more. Based on your interests, skills and previous experience we can find the best concrete task for you and your thesis along with the most fitting supervisor from our team.
- Design a method to analyze the provided data to achieve your specific goal.
- Implement and experimentally evaluate your solution in Merlin using real-world customer data.
- Summarize the results in your thesis and/or scientific publication(s).
- You can find, read and understand scientific papers relevant for a given topic.
- Can write performant Java code (fast running programs).
- Communicating your ideas clearly and precisely in writing (in English).
Benefits of your thesis at CAS
- An ideal environment for you and your thesis: With us you can spend 100% of your worktime on your thesis where you combine state-of-the-art research with real industry use-cases.
- Professional supervision of your thesis in the CAS Future Labs in Karlsruhe: Every year we accompany many students to their successful graduation – you too can benefit from our experience.
- Get to know the CAS culture (offline and online): by working with business coaches and taking part in many other interactive formats. You will experience our unique WeSpirit and make connections across multiple units.